i had it when i was growing up...it is very painful but i was able to play sports...i actually know a lot of people that have had it...
Anyone know much about this or where I can find any info on it. My son had surgery on his knee in December and had to make a E.R. visit the other night. And that is what they told him might be wrong with his knee.They told him he needed to make a decision on playing football and other sports or if he wanted to walk when he was 40.I have heard lots of stuff on it ...good and bad.But just wanted more info.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]
i had it when i was growing up...it is very painful but i was able to play sports...i actually know a lot of people that have had it...
also known as growing pains
from webmd.com
Osgood-Schlatter disease
Osgood-Schlatter disease (also called Schlatter's disease or osteochondrosis of the tibial tubercle) is inflammation in the top of the shinbone (tibia) where the patellar tendon attaches to a bony mound in the knee called the tibial tubercle. This disease, a common cause of knee pain in children between the ages of 10 and 15, usually flares during periods of rapid growth and then goes away at the end of the child's growth spurt.
Signs and symptoms of Osgood-Schlatter disease include pain and tenderness in front of the knee and mild swelling or a bump below the kneecap at the top of the shin. This disease usually affects only one knee, though occasionally it affects both knees. Symptoms get worse with exercise or activity, such as jumping, that stretches the tendon and puts traction on the tibial tubercle.
The condition does not require any specific medical treatment. Most children outgrow the problem in 1 or 2 years.
Home treatment for Osgood-Schlatter disease focuses on preventing symptoms and using first aid to reduce pain when symptoms occur. Rest, decreased activity, and other measures may reduce pain until the bone and muscles mature. Surgery is rarely recommended.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Thanks guys.We will find out more tomorrow after his Dr appt.I just hope he is still gonna be able to play football.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]
Good luck to your son and family (tomorrow and the upcoming season(s))
Thank you.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]
Well I hoe your going to one of the Dr.s in the Tri-cities not around here. Reccommend Wautauga Orto in Johnson City! They have helped a lot of kids I know and personally fixed my knee meniscus tear, although it won't be the same, when I was told it was ACL tear by Mullins.
Well I hope your going to one of the Dr.s in the Tri-cities not around here. Reccommend Wautauga Orto in Johnson City! They have helped a lot of kids I know and personally fixed my knee meniscus tear, although it won't be the same, when I was told it was ACL tear by Mullins.
We will be seeing a Dr here this morning.I will be calling the Dr in Johnson City when we get back home.My husband and I were talking about tryin to find a Dr over there last night.So thank you very much for the info.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]
Everything went better today than the E.R. visit.The Doctor said my sons x rays looked good.Didn't think he has Osgood Schlatters diease as the E.R. doc thought. He has some tendinitis.And sending him for more p/t and didn't think he needs to be playing football right now.Hopefully everything will be ok @ his 2 week follow up.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]
Bookmarks